In the dark, grey, slogging days of winter on my cold trudges into work, my thoughts always turn to glittering sunshine, lapping waves, salty-clean, hair-ruffling breezes, and fresh starts on life…so what better way to welcome spring than with a nautically-inspired, classics-re-imagined ensemble from Long Tall Sally?! LTS is carrying the very outfit that makes this tall girl’s heart sing (right down to the high-rise skinnies, which I have been salivating over for days now!) I can only hope that I win the competition for an update to my spring wardrobe for my own fresh (and perfectly-tailored) start to 2011! My recipe for wardrobe success is as follows:
- Piped Trench Coat: This navy and grey-piped number would keep me dry during showers and could be thrown over jeans and a vest for a stroll on the pier OR cinched atop a perfect polka dot dress for a seaside dinner.
- Crew Neck Basic Cardigan: It’s not in warning-red, but instead the classic blue-red that almost becomes a neutral in its versatility…but still is as eye-catching as a Sunfish’s sail!
- Portobello Skinny Jeans: These clean, high-waisted skinnies bring flattery to the beach with a curve-slimming cut. This girl’s antidote to a teeny bikini!
- Embellished Stripe Jersey Cowl Neck Vest: This vest is visually arresting with just the right amount of sparkly embellishments to infuse a feminine sensibility into a sailor’s mainstay.
- Quilted Leather Mid-Heel Shoes: A buttery-soft navy quilted flat with patent accents and a bit o’ lift is the perfect alternative to a trainer for any holiday with lots of walking!
- Chain Link Necklace: Prettier than twisted kelp or a savoy knot, this gold chain necklace is bold and lovely without unnecessary frill!
These pieces will take me from weekends on the cape and islands just outside Boston spent window-shopping, sun-basking, and seashell-gathering back to work-day commutes on my bicycle when the snow and ice melt away. Truly, I think this outfit could take any seafaring, sun-loving or holiday-bound lass to Brighton or Camber Sands or even on a Clipper down the Thames and back to the office come Monday morning in IMPECCABLE style and high spirits! I <3 you, Long Tall Sally!